Part of my role this year at EISB is to provide students with academic guidance counselling. So what does this entail? The main goals of academic guidance counselling are to:
- Help students explore their academic interests, identify resources for additional information and support, and develop plans of study that are appropriate for their post-secondary educational goals
- Help students to better understand university requirements, external scholarships, application procedures, and/ or university IB recognition
- Help students choose the courses they want to take
- Help students identify their strengths and develop self-awareness
- Help students to write effective motivation letters
How will this work at EISB?
Ideally, I would like to meet monthly with each student in MYP 5 and above to help them with these matters. These meetings should not add any additional stress to students’ timetables. Rather, they should alleviate some of the students’ stress as they develop a better understanding of their personal and professional goals and how they can begin to work towards them.
How to book an appointment?
Students in MYP 5, Pre-DP, and DP can now book an appointment through Google Calendar (using their school email). I encourage students to sign up for at least 1 (and a maximum of 2) time slots per month. Time slots are 30 minutes each.
In addition to finding the available time slots in their Google Calendar, students can use the following link to see and book the appointments:
At the moment, appointments are available on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays each week.
If you have any further questions about academic guidance counselling at EISB, or need help booking an appointment, then please send me an email at: