The Diploma Programme (DP) is a rigorous pre-university course of study designed for students in the 16 to 19 age range. It is a broad-based two-year course that aims to encourage students to be knowledgeable and inquiring, but also caring and compassionate.
From August 2019 the following DP mathematics courses, with first assessment in May 2021, are available:
- Mathematics: analysis and approaches (Standard Level)
- Mathematics: analysis and approaches (Higher Level)
- Mathematics: applications and interpretation (Standard Level)
- Mathematics: applications and interpretation (Higher Level)
In EISB our goal is that after completing our MYP programme, our learners will be academically strong enough to pick the DP course that will lead them to their University studies of interest.
For both our MYP4 and MYP5 courses during the first semester we emphasized on Algebra. We make sure that our learners have mastered the concepts and have a solid foundation in Algebra.
We have been working on:
- Algebraic notation
- Algebraic substitution
- Linear equations
- Rational equations
- Linear inequations
- Problem solving
- Collecting like terms
- Product notation
- The distributive law
- Difference of two squares
- Perfect squares expansion
- Further expansion
- The binomial expansion
- Factorisation by removal of common factors
- Difference of two squares factorization
- Perfect square factorization
We have prepared a Christmas Revision Booklet tailor made to our EISB MYP 4 & 5 learners. The break is a great opportunity for revision and extra work.